Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fire at a Shed

First off I want to say sorry for not posting as much as I should. Now that I have the time after I get off work I can and also I will be using a new app on my cell phone that will allow me to quickly post pictures and text on my downtime.

Now on to the picture you see above that was the result of a fire on the islands at around 10:30 Saturday evening. Fires make good television but it is rare that the media is able to get to an active fire. We typically end up getting the aftermath. I was 'lucky' enough to arrive on scene just
as the fire was being put out. According to officials on scene the fire is still under investigation, there have been no injuries and we are still awaiting a press release.

I was then set to a police DUI check point on route 80 on the way to Tybee. It was a really cool story especially since I got to see the police officers set up the checkpoint. The reason I didn't have any picture from it was because I had to pee and I didn't have much one to shoot and take pics as my shift was ending--have to be quick.

Lastly, I did 8 stories, it was a pretty good day. It's rare where I can go through a day without shootings, I deadly accidents. I promise to post more.

No comments:

Post a Comment